Sudden network crashes… Device malfunctions… App coding… Cloud maintenance… IT teams work day and night to ensure staff stays connected and remove gaps in rapidly evolving business networks. The result? Employees are burnt out—especially in today’s age when tech personnel are also expected to be cybersecurity experts and stay up on all the latest threats. So, when you consider…
• More than 330 billion lines of new software code will need securing in 2025
• An infrastructure attack is launched every 39 seconds
• 1-4 employees admit to being distracted and clicking a suspicious link
• 46% of organizations had at least 1 employee download a malicious mobile application
• 45% of US businesses have experienced a data breach
It’s no surprise IT teams are exhausted, quitting tech altogether, and 2023 is estimated to see 3.5 billion unfilled cybersecurity roles.
Why the Hesitation to Address New Security Needs?
Perhaps the biggest hurdle businesses face when addressing network needs is, you guessed it, budget. But when global cybersecurity costs are expected to exceed $1.75 trillion from 2021-2025., it’s no wonder most enterprises ignore the issue.
Even businesses attempting to assess future needs are finding themselves at a halt due to fears expectations will abruptly shift and lead to large unnecessary spending/massive downsizing—a recent trend of some major tech companies.
How to Cost Effectively Scale Tech & Security Roles
Whether it’s cybersecurity or day-to-day network needs, systems evolve. And though updates are not always predictable, businesses need to be ready to adapt or prepare for the worst.
But the question remains; how do companies anticipate their needs when systems and threats evolve exponentially? One answer enterprises of all sizes are turning to is a scalable Security Operations Center (SOC).
5 Benefits of a Scalable Security Operations Center
A SOC provides internal IT teams with the necessary resources to manage and monitor devices, applications, the cloud, and networks. Not to mention around-the-clock access to scaled cybersecurity experts ready to help establish critical new cybersecurity protocols precise to your network specifications. Thus, eliminating the need for hiring/downsizing and spending on expensive practices/resources that may need to be corrected or updated.
1. 24/7 Proactive Monitoring: Predict, prevent, and mitigate cyberattacks while uncovering security compliance needs using…
• Web filtering
• Intrusion Prevention
• Firewall configuration
• Active directory hardening
• Performance metrics
• Virtual Private Network (VPN)
2. Remote Incident Response: By deploying incident and endpoint detection and response (EDR), businesses gain real-time endpoint monitoring and data with rules-based automated response and analysis capabilities—a process helping businesses streamline data threat searches and respond to them.
3. Scaled Network Needs: Security operations centers help ensure your business has all the resources and staff necessary to run your network. Effortlessly scale network needs without hiring or downsizing teams on a whim.
4. Centralized Network Security: Rest knowing your business has certified experts working together to constantly update and surveil your network while studying the market for the best resources to deploy.
5. Reduced Cybersecurity Costs: Did you know the average data breach costs businesses $4.5 million? By scaling resources and staff effortlessly, enterprises avoid overpaying for unnecessary resources or temporary hires. Businesses will also save in the long run by ensuring all security compliances are met, and there are zero network gaps.
Businesses are unsure of their long-term network needs. To avoid unnecessary spending and help ensure data stays safe, teams need a way to access resources flexibly on the fly. With 24/7 proactive monitoring, network scaling, and remote incident response, a security operations center like Claro CyberSOC could be the cost-effective solution businesses require to help stay secure.